Author Topic: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 3992 times)

VCkiller

• Baby seal
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »
Good day,

I am the GL of EB and am currently looking for a nation to sub to.

I was subbed to M2S but was removed for reasons I have not been told.  You may have seen issues my guild was having on the boards with one of my guildies running with CN.  Once I found out he was banished.  It was my mistake, one that probably has been made by other GL's.

My guild is fairly small but the few of us that are on are on often.  One thing you may need to know is that I am allies with DHL and we run quite often together so if that is a problem I will understand.

If you have any questions post them here or pm me in game on AnotherGimp.

Thanks for your time.

Xlander

• Full members
  • All seals must die!
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
Why not join DHL if you are allies with them?

BoneBender

• IC Hotties
  • Enthusiastic seal slayer
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:55:24 PM »
Quote from: Xlander

Why not join DHL if you are allies with them?

A fair question. I'm not nation IC but my humble opinion is we need to sit down and have a longer talk about what they hope to gain from subbing to SCCC as opposed to other nations on the server like SoS or TP. SCCC probably doesn't stand to gain anything from them unless they can fill a full group on a regular basis. Like I said I'm not nation IC tho.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, 'I drank what?'"
Quote from: @Dreknyore" source="/post/11/thread" timestamp="1317601927
Menace to sobriety

kil_2k

• Administrator
  • Ultimate seal destroyer
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:30:30 AM »
You are Nation IC Bone :P

I told EB to post here so anyone in the Nation who had any questions / reservations could post.

I'm away until Monday, so no final decision will be made before then.

VegasLB

• Baby seal
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:17:33 AM »
I see you guys say you are relatively small...however..i see your tree has a ton of toons on it. How ofthen do you do a roster purge. Also, one way to make sure that unwanted people stay out of the guild, is to give only certain people recruitment access.

What time zone are you primarily active in? Do you guys run with a specific spec?

Taurnil

• If I saw a seal walking down the street, I'd probably shoe him in the face
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:23:24 AM »
(I'm nation IC too then!)

They are coming active at our mines, that's the cool point.
But i'm not sure of your play style. And i'm not sure about do we need more guilds in nation. Just few guilds coming active at mines. If you wont be one of them, i dont think we need new guild. We need to wait until monday.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:23:53 AM by Taurnil »
I know I wasn't missed. :P

VegasLB

• Baby seal
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 08:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Taurnil

(I'm nation IC too then!)

They are coming active at our mines, that's the cool point.
But i'm not sure of your play style. And i'm not sure about do we need more guilds in nation. Just few guilds coming active at mines. If you wont be one of them, i dont think we need new guild. We need to wait until monday.

Thats why i'd like to know what times they are active. Honestly we field enough for the mine times during the day..as evidenced by yesterday.  It would really only be beneficial if they were able to help us take mines at night. In other words, we are set on euro times, if we add anymore it would be more beneficial if it was on na times. 3 groups in the day, and hopefully 3 group at night.

Taurnil

• If I saw a seal walking down the street, I'd probably shoe him in the face
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »
You mean 4 FG I Think.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:34:58 AM by Taurnil »
I know I wasn't missed. :P

BoneBender

• IC Hotties
  • Enthusiastic seal slayer
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »
Quote from: kil_2k

You are Nation IC Bone :P

Okay, but only 'cause you say so. You know I'm not presumtuous as anyone can attest...except for at the bane and then only because it was my lunch money on the line :D
So opinion stands, I suppose. We need to know what these guys really hope to gain from us and what they expect to bring to the table. My main concern is that they are looking at SCCC for reasons having nothing to do with getting pasted at mines by us moments before asking to sub.
Before anybody gets the wrong impression, I'm all for giving people a chance if they're legit. You guys did it for me and it's worked out pretty well for both sides, I think.
We need to know: Time zone?
Spec?
Vent?
Actives?
Field a FG?
I'll try to catch their GL ingame tonight when I get off work and if he'll answer all these I'll post it up.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, 'I drank what?'"
Quote from: @Dreknyore" source="/post/11/thread" timestamp="1317601927
Menace to sobriety

VegasLB

• Baby seal
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »
i thought about this some more...and i'd have to say no if it were up to me. A)we really dont' need another sub, and B)the fact that i tink Dhorselords are a bunch of nutcupping fags plays into it...but thats just me.

VCkiller

• Baby seal
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
Sorry it took so long for me to reply.  

Why was I asking when i did....Well everytime I tried to get a hold of one of you before you weren't around or an IC wasn't around.  So I figured since I seen a crap load of you at the mine there was a good chance that an IC was on.

Why do I want to join you guys...You all seem fairly active and as you all know getting groups for xp or pvp is a lot easier in a Nation.

What time do we play?  Most of us are NA players for varying times of activity.

Now if your sole decision of not wanting us to join you is because of my association with DHL that is fine also.  Now thinking that they are nut cupping blah blah blah.... That's your opinion as well, but if you think no other nation goes out with a full group for pvp then you are blind.

Thanks for the consideration.

Xlander

• Full members
  • All seals must die!
    • View Profile
Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 01:39:21 PM »
I have no personal opinions on DHL, I Simply dont understand why you do not merge with them if you are allies? As well, its not fair to the nation members to be asked not to kill other people not tagged just so you can go around and pk with them. Zepartown has many friends however, you wont see us roll around with them and you may even see us at banes on opposing sides. Theres no reason you cant keep your friendship with DHL, but I think having an ally outside of the nation is simply out of the question, furthermore I say absolute NO if DHL asks to join. I dont think anyone here wants members with a CN mentality.